Maybeck High School: 60% Math Teacher
Maybeck High School, a small, independent, teacher-run, college-preparatory high school in Berkeley, seeks a teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. The position will teach 2 math courses to students in 9th-12th grade. We especially seek applicants who have skill at supporting traditionally marginalized groups in math and science, and who can design curriculum that highlights the diversity of contributions to scientific knowledge.
The ideal candidate will have genuine excitement about teaching, a strong commitment to equity, desire to work closely with students of diverse backgrounds, a bachelor’s degree, and relevant teaching experience. A teaching credential is not required for this position.
Responsibilities of Maybeck employees include:
· Work with another staff member to design & run a 10-day intersession course in April; some programs are local and during school hours; others travel regionally and internationally.
· Attend our all-school camping trips: a four night cabin camping trip in August and a two or three night tent camping trip in May.
· Participate in a teacher-led school, including staff meetings, committees, and school events.
Maybeck’s Mission: We are a vibrant community dedicated to learning, where all forms of diversity can flourish amid mutual support, respect, and responsibility. Through our small classes, high expectations, academic excellence, and programs outside the school, students prepare for college and acquire the tools to engage actively and creatively in the wider world.
Salary based on experience; starting salary for full-time faculty is 65-75K, with annual increases. Candidates who are not available to come in for a demonstration lesson should be ready to send a 20-40 minute video of their teaching if requested. Unfortunately, we are unable to cover relocation costs.
To apply, email email@example.com with “60% Time Science Teacher” in the subject line. Please include:
· Your resume, including contact information for 3 recent references
· A cover letter explaining your fit for Maybeck
· Optional: A lesson plan, diversity statement, or other materials indicative of your educational philosophy