Maybeck High School: Full Time Admissions Director, 2019-2020
Maybeck High School is a small, independent, teacher-run, college-preparatory high school in Berkeley. We are looking for an Admissions Director for 2019-2020. This position will:
· Facilitate Maybeck’s presence at private school admissions events, middle school visits & professional organizations. Be the face of Maybeck, facilitating conversation.
· Organize and run admissions street fairs, with students, parents and faculty
· Organize and run prospective parent coffee events in the fall at Maybeck
· Organize & coordinate shadow visits, with Maybeck student ambassadors
· Planning and overseeing 2 open houses
· Update marketing and admission materials as needed
· Oversee the admissions budget
· Organize admission interviews for prospective students
· Keep track of prospective families & students
· Receive & return all admission inquiries, by email and website
· Work with the admissions and finance committees around admissions & financial aid
· Require strong organizational, facilitation and interpersonal skills
· We especially seek applicants who have skill at supporting traditionally marginalized groups throughout the admissions process.
Additionally, as part of being a full time Maybeck staff member:
· Be a contact teacher (advisor) for 8-10 students
· Attend Maybeck’s 5-day beginning of year cabin camping trip, and 3-day end of year tent camping trip
· Staff meetings, professional development days, and other all-staff work
Maybeck’s Mission: We are a vibrant community dedicated to learning, where all forms of diversity can flourish amid mutual support, respect, and responsibility. Through our small classes, high expectations, academic excellence, and programs outside the school, students prepare for college and acquire the tools to engage actively and creatively in the wider world.
Salary based on experience; starting salary for full-time faculty is 65-75K, with annual increases. Position includes health care, school contribution to retirement plan, and other benefits.
To apply, email email@example.com with “Admissions Director” in the subject line. Please include:
· Your resume, including contact information for 2 recent references
· A cover letter explaining your fit for Maybeck
· Optional: An example open house agenda, diversity statement, educational philosophy, or other materials indicative of your work